We are in unprecedented times and New Zealand is still learning more about this new virus and working hard in containment.
- For the Ministry of Health's latest official COVID-19 update - click here
- For NZ Government information on uniting against COVID-19 and how together we can slow the spread - click here
- If you are having trouble breathing call 111 immediately
Phone Healthline 0800 358 5453 if you have:
Travelled internationally or transited through China, Iran, South Korea or Italy in the past 14 days?
2. Had close contact with a person with the confirmed virus in the past 14 days?
3. Have (or had) a fever, cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat?
If you answer yes to 1 and 2 but are not feeling unwell, register with Healthline 0800 358 5453, then self-isolate for 14 days
Procedures at our Medical Centres if you have COVID-19 symptoms
To protect our staff and other patients please:
- Phone us first
- If after talking with us, you do need to come in, stay in your car. Phone us, then wait until a nurse or doctor can come to you.
- We will give you a mask for protection
Currently, most cases have a mild to moderate illness. Symptoms are similar to a range of illnesses such as flu and may include:
- Chills and body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Severe cases can cause pneumonia and acute respiratory infection
Look after your own health - how to stop the spread of infections
- Regularly wash your hands (for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap and dry thoroughly)
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- If you do feel unwell you should avoid public gatherings and events
- On current advice, hand and cough hygiene are more effective than masks for reducing the spread of coronavirus