The Doctors Huapai warmly welcomes all our current patients and anyone interested in enrolling with us, to come and visit and have a chat with us. Our great team are here to help with all your health and wellness needs.
We are a family-focused surgery offering a full range of general practice services for you and your family - GP/Nurse consults, ACC, accidents and injuries, minor surgery, immunisations, mens' and womens' health checks, and a travel clinic.
The Doctors Huapai formed in 2016 when two local community practices combined - Huapai Family Medical Practice and Country Medical Practice. Huapai Family Medical Practice began with Dr Angela Tovey thirty years ago. Dr Angela Tovey was joined by her husband Dr Ross Tovey and between them they provided care for the residents of Huapai and far beyond until September 2016 when both doctors retired. Dr Wasfy Shahin relocated from his practice rooms in Kumeu Shopping Centre to 124 Matua Road in August 2016 and retired from full time GP practice in October 2016. We moved into our brand new premises at 321-323 Main Road, Huapai in December 2017. We currently have GPs Dr Mauri Smits, Dr Karen Liu, Dr Charles Sanders, Dr Malcolm Miller and Nurse Practitioner (NP) Sonya Curd.
Click the link top right green box to access Manage My Health (MMH), an online portal that allows you to:
- Book appointments online 24/7
- Look at test results with doctors comments 24/7
- Update contact/address details if you move
- Request repeat prescriptions (long term medications only)
- Lower cost medical advice (send secure message in MMH for reduced consult charge. You may be asked to visit in person for a GP consultation if deemed necessary by your doctor at normal consult prices.)
You can download the following documents about registering for the service and how to use it: