Our health clinics include:
- Sexual health
- Minor surgery
- Cervical cancer screening
- Healthy eating
Introducing Yvonne Little, our Nurse Practitioner, who works closely with Drs Carney and Proehl and the nursing team to provide a professional team approach to medical advice and care. Yvonne is qualified to assess, diagnose, refer and prescribe medication and provide advice, management and support for acute and long term medical conditions. Yvonne will work in partnership with patients and family/whanau to promote health and wellbeing.
The Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse with advanced nursing skills and experience. Nurse Practitioners are accredited by the NZ Nursing Council following completion of a Clinical Master’s Degree. Nurse practitioners are qualified to complete assessment, diagnosis and referral, prescribe medication and provide advice, management and support for acute and long term medical conditions.
Healthy lifestyle clinic
These clinics are run in a friendly, non-judgmental environment (one on one) from The Doctors Waipawa centre on Monday afternoons. Each appointment is 45 minutes in length.
The intention of this clinic is to assist clients with diabetes, cholesterol (healthy eating) and smoking cessation to become more aware of and better able to self-manage their health.
Whilst these clinic appointments are set up to see the patient as an individual, it has been beneficial and is encouraged to bring along a support person(s) especially family/whanau, as this allows the information to be disseminated to a wider audience but also allows a holistic focused approach.
In the clinic we provide:
- Someone to listen to the patients concerns (medical or otherwise).
- Resource materials such as handouts and websites.
- Education about the patient’s condition; use of devices such as glucometer, inhalers etc, and self-management skills.
- Cardiovascular risk assessments.
- Referrals to other person(s) or agencies for assistance, testing, and ongoing care such as green prescription, move to improve, podiatry, retinal screening, dietician etc.
The clinic is available to all our enrolled patients. These clinics are funded for those who meet the criteria.