Care for your health, and make sure you have relevant health checks and screening:
- Breast screening: free mammograms every two years for women aged 45 to 69, phone 0800 270 200 to make your appointment
- Child immunisation: please check to see if your child's immunistion is up-to-date
- Cervical smear checks: remember to keep up-to-date with these checks
- Flu vaccinations: available in autumn & winter. Free if you are over 65, pregnant, or have a long-term condition
- Tetanus vaccination booster: for all adults aged 45 years and again at 65 years
- Heart and diabetes checks: for men aged 45 - 75 and women aged 55 - 75. 10 years, earlier (men 35, women 45) if:
- you are Maori, Pacific Islander or from the Indian sub-continent
- have a family history of diabetes, heart disease or stroke
- have been a smoker
- have had diabetes, diabetes in pregnancy, polycystic ovary cancer,
obesity, kidney or blood pressure problems
Phone our nursing team to make an appointment: 09 273 8980
A standard booked GP consultation is 15 minutes. Sometimes you may have several issues you wish to discuss. If there is not enough time during the consultation to address all your concerns, your Doctor may ask you to make a further appointment.
If you feel that you will require more than 15 minutes, our friendly receptionists can always book an appointment of up to 30 minutes for you. Please note that an extended consultation fee will apply.
Prescription & follow-up consultations
We have separate charges for prescriptions and follow-up consultations. However if your Doctor needs to spend more time with you than usual, a full consultation fee will apply.
At The Doctors Ti Rakau we take your health seriously.
The best time to come in to have your plaster changed is Monday – Friday, 7am – 3pm.
As part of our ongoing commitment to our community, we are offering no surcharge ACC consultations to sport clubs, gyms and schools.
- no ACC surcharge
- one-stop care; x-ray, physio, dentist, optometrist, pharmacy & visiting specialists
- open 7 days, 7am - 9pm weekdays, 8am - 8pm weekends and public holidays
- experienced health providers focused on your health needs
While no-one wants to get injured or ill as a result of sports and training, we all know it can happen – treating it promptly can make all the difference when it comes to making a good recovery.
Our centre is endorsed by ACC auditors as an accident and medical centre. This means that on weekends and public holidays, emergency and urgent walk-in patients take priority.
If you would like to see your regular GP for non-urgent or non-acute health concerns, please make an appointment during our normal weekday hours.
For all your travel vaccines and other advice, please book to see our GPs, Dr Teresa di Bartolo or Dr Fiona Ross-Taylor. Both are available Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm.
Please allow up to 6 weeks before you travel.