Acute care and services
The Doctors Te Whare Hāpara provides high quality continuous care to our valued patients. Maintaining a strong and continuous relationship with your health care team (doctors, nurses and administrators) ensures the best service and health outcomes for you. There are times when urgent care is required as a result of an accident or an acute need, The Doctors Te Whare Hāpara is available for immediate service when this need arises. However, we are not able to see casual patients as we want to be able to provide the best care to our enrolled population.
Remember: for urgent emergency care after a serious accident or for health crises such as heart attacks, call an ambulance on 111, or go immediately to the hospital Accident and Emergency Department. We support the hospital in keeping the emergency department for emergencies only. If you think you need to see some one on the day please call in to the practice where you will be assessed by a new and booked for an appointment that day or the next available appointment according to your assessed need.
Chronic Care Conditions
- Long term monitoring
- Nurse-led clinics
- Catheter care
- Palliative care
- Disease Screening as appropriate.
- Cervical Smears, usually performed by Julia Brooking.
- Assessment and treatment of all illnesses
- Assessment and treatment of sprains, lacerations and other minor injuries
Contraception and Sexual Health
- Contraception advice and management, including IUCDs and Jadelle. Julia brooking is experienced in discussing and starting contraceptive options.
- STI screening
- Menopause issues
- LGBTQI+ care
- Childhood and other vaccinations.
- Regular monitoring
- Diabetes education
- Free annual diabetes checks
- Provided by an experienced team
Travel – vaccinations and advice
- A comprehensive range of travel vaccines are available
- Comprehensive travel information and advice
- Cryotherapy is available for treatment of warts and other skin lesions
- Surgical removal of skin lesions and ingrown toe nails