Yes, you can book with a GP! However, you MUST call us first to speak to a GP, who will be able to provide a phone consultation, or if necessary will arrange a Face to Face consultation. We will only be operating on the day appointments, NO advanced bookings at this stage.
To avoid long waits on the phone, you can request a call back from your GP, by clicking the link below to submit an online form. Please be aware in most instances we will try to get your own GP to call you back, however if your GP is away it will be another member of our clinical staff who will return your call. Please specify who you wish to speak to in the message section of the submission form.
*Please do not use this submission form if you are needing to speak to someone URGENTLY.
WHAT WILL LEVEL 2 LOOK LIKE AT THE DOCTORS GREENMEADOWS?
During the different levels of Lockdown we have had to make a number of changes throughout our clinics and adapt accordingly. We have made some really positive changes, which we will continue to move forward with.
During Level 2, we will:
- Continue with our routine and urgent/acute care with BOOKED APPOINTMENTS ONLY. Anyone needing an appointment will need to be first called by our clinician to assess the need for being seen face to face. This is to ensure we are able to separate respiratory (cold & flu like symptoms) and non-respiratory cases for the safety of both our patients and staff. This will also help minimise the amount of time waiting in the clinic.
- PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY 'WALK IN' PATIENTS
- Nurse appointments will continue to run from Greenmeadows, these appointments MUST be booked appointments.
- There will be a limit to the amount of patients we can have in the waiting room at any given time. We will work with a one in, one out system.
- All prescriptions will continue to be faxed to your pharmacy of choice.
- Manage My Health bookings will remain disabled at this point in time, this is to enable our clinicians to speak to you first before bringing you in.
- All Covid-19 testing and assessments will continue to run from The Doctors Napier, 30 Munroe Street. This service is by appointment only and is free of charge. Please phone 06 6504000 for an appointment.
The way we are operating is constantly changing. We are trying to adapt and adjust to make things work best for both staff and patients, both for convenience and safety. We will keep you up to date with our changes as we progress. Thank you again to all of our patients for your support and resilience through what has been an extremely difficult time.
The Doctors Greenmeadows is part of a cluster of healthcare facilities available at 524 Kennedy Road. We are a purpose-built medical centre, with access to Unichem Greenmeadows Pharmacy, Physio@The Doctors and TRG Imaging (Radiology).
We provide a full family general practice service. Facilities include three acute treatment bays for accident and medical treatment, consultation rooms for our general practitioners, a room for specialist nurse clinics and visiting consultants and in 2016 The Doctors Greenmeadows opened it's very own Specialist Suite, home to our functional medicine doctors, nutritionist and naturopath. Please see under our list of services for more information.
We also offer ManageMyHealth (MMH) to our enrolled patients, which allows you to communicate with your medical centre from from any internet device to request repeat prescriptions, book appointments and view your personal health information at any time.
The Doctors Greenmeadows is a satellite clinic of The Doctors Napier and enrolled patients are invited to attend the Napier clinic at 30 Munroe St if you need care at weekends and public holidays, or after hours on weekdays.
Book an appointment online
We are excited to be able to offer enrolled patients the Manage My Health (MMH) online portal to:
- Request repeat scripts
- Book appointments with Doctors (Online booking is currently disabled due to Covid-19)
- Access test results
Please contact us directly to start your registration. Then click here for How to Use It and How to Register. You can click here to go directly to the portal to register with us. Click the book and appointment icon top right.
Are you OK? It's OK to ask for help
Suicide rates within New Zealand are increasing at a rapid rate. It is a worldwide problem.
Hawkes Bay alone has devastatingly high suicide rates, with the East Coast having the highest rate in New Zealand.
Our whanau, our community, our nation need us! Ask your loved ones the hard questions. Don't assume "they'll be OK".
If you need help, asking for help is OK! Asking for help can be daunting, but asking is your first step to get the help you need.
Our team at The Doctors are always here to help.
How can I access help?
If you are feeling suicidal or have concerns that someone is suicidal, we treat this as a matter of urgency. Call our clinic and ask to speak to a nurse or GP urgently. You do not have to go into detail with our call centre/front desk staff, simply let them know your matter is urgent.
Alternatively, you can present into our Napier clinic, 30 Munroe Street and ask to be seen urgently, you will be seen as a priority.
I can't afford to see my doctor but I need help?
Never let the cost of a consultation stop you from accessing help. We have access to different funding streams when cost is a barrier, in particular for mental health issues. This may mean your visit can be partially or fully funded. If we cannot access funding for you and it is a mental health or medical emergency, it is our policy to see you regardless of whether payment can be made or not.
Where else can I get help?
- 0800 112 334 - Emergency Mental Health Service (Crisis Team)
- 06 8788109 - Hawkes Bay Hospital - Community Mental Health
- Free call or txt 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
- 0508 828 865 - Suicide Crisis Helpline
- 0800 543 354 - Lifeline
- 0800 787 984 - Youthline
You can always find more information by going to Lifeline