Mangere Family Doctors (MFD) is a registered panel provider for New Zealand Immigration Applicants for residence and also for applicants requiring temporary entry but intending to stay in New Zealand for more than 12 months. Please download our Immigration information booklet and current price list.
At the first point of contact applicants will need to confirm what type of Medical is required, either (1) a Full Immigration Medical Package or (2) a Limited Immigration Medical Package. Immigration NZ will give advice to applicants in regard to what type of Medical they require before they apply.
An Immigration Patient Information Form may be downloaded and the applicant information completed before coming into Mangere Family Doctors. Service information is also available on site, we are a “One Stop Shop”:- Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm which means we can offer an all-in-one package.
- Registered Nurse: completes all Laboratory Testing required, Medical Report
- X-Ray: with Horizon Radiology
- GP Consultation: Medical Examination including interpreting Laboratory Test Results
- Administration: Photo, Photocopying, Fee payment/receipting, uploading information to Immigration NZ when application requirements are completed
- We offer a competitive fee structure (Please note any extra or special testing required will be at an additional cost for the Immigration Medical applicant)
If an interpreter is required for appointments – it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide.
Please see the pricing table below for costs, age groups are as follows:
We aim to expand our service provision in the near future with the inclusion of online application processing, potentially stream lining the process further.
How does it work?
- Applicants may phone to book the first appointment and provide basic information or visit MFD to obtain information/forms before making the first appointment.
- Prior to the first appointment all applicants are requested to arrive early if still needing to complete forms for photocopying and to make their payment with reception.
- A second appointment with the Medical Team will be arranged on the same day wherever possible.
- The third and final appointment is completed with a GP once the Laboratory Tests are returned to MFD - this process could take up to 4 x days.
What do you bring to your first appointment?
- Authentic Passport
- Funds available to make “Immigration Package" provider payment
- Any relevant information from your Immigration NZ contact.
- Your NZ residential address and cell/email information
- Authentic documentation required if you have changed/or have different information on your passport eg name change - married name/spelling of name etc.
- If a parent or guardian is accompanying a minor, they must also bring their passport and authentic proof of guardianship.
Applicants outside of Auckland
Once contact has been made with MFD there are variable options of service to discuss with Immigration Administration/Reception staff.
You can choose to:
- Make fee payment via internet banking
- Have your immigration medical results couriered/emailed to you
- Down load Immigration Patient Information Form/request email
Two trips to Auckland MFD – third and final one with GP once Lab results are received.
Information and reports will be sent to Immigration NZ via MFD within 24 hours.
It may be an advantage for you to print off the following :
Points to note:
- Pre-payment is required prior to appointment 1. and is confirmed
- It is requested you arrive 10 -15 minutes before Appointment 1, in order for reception staff to assist you with the completion of your forms, Receipt your payment and any photocopying for your Passport ready for Immigration Administration to certify the copy for staff to sign off .
- Children under the age of 11 years do not require a Chest X-ray
- Children under the age of 15 years do not require a Blood Test.
- At appointment 2. you maybe required to complete a urine sample, blood test, vision test (so bring your prescription glasses with you).
- Please call our Immigration team (09 275 9977) within 48 hours of your appointment with an acceptable cancellation request – failure to do so will incur a fee (ref: Patient Information Form).
- Extra testing required will be additional to the Package Fee.
Mangere Family Doctors offers a menu of occupational health services which includes:
- Workplace accident & medical service
- Pre-employment medicals
- Annual employee medicals
- Immunisation/flu vaccination
- Travel vaccination
- Drug testing
- Specialist visiting orthopaedic surgeons.
For 16 years we have maintained our reputation for a focus on quality and innovation. This ensures you get what your business needs, when you need it, and we welcome an opportunity to discuss any particular requirements you may have.
A customised check of specific health factors before you agree to employ a new staff member:
- Tailored to your business and hazards on site.
- Recommended for all new employees.
Depending on your business, your workforce may also need the following pre-employment checks:
- Alcohol and drug-testing (where precision and/or public safety issues are important)
- Spirometry (lung function) for any work involving fumes, dust, solvents, fine particles or toxic substances
- Hearing – for work environments with high levels of mechanical or electronic noise
- Eye-sight – where excellent vision is a requirement or eye-strain may occur.
Annual employee medicals
Follow-up health checks, usually annually, are the best way to be sure your employees’ health is not being affected by their work – helping you keep your valuable staff, and avoid expensive litigation.
The health checks outlined under pre-employment medicals above can also be carried out on an annual basis, signed off by a qualified health professional, so you have the records you need now and in the future.
We can vaccinate your staff against diseases to which they may be susceptible, and/or which could affect your business, such as flu, Hepatitis A and B, and others as needed.
If your staff are required regularly to travel overseas, we have access to up to the minute travel vaccinations and disease advice. Special rates are negotiable for high-use businesses.
On request, we can carry out random testing for alcohol, cannabis, methamphetamine, benzodiazepines, and opiates. Please note – this must be included in your employment agreements before we can carry out such testing.
Best Practice Physiotherapy work from our medical centre and provide a wide range of assessment, treatment, and education for injuries. Their services also includes:
- work place assessments
- manual handling education
- work pacing
- rehabilitation plans
- injury progress reporting.
Best Practice prides themselves on their ability to provide service to a multicultural population with cultural sensitivity.
All their physiotherapists are involved in education, injury prevention in-services as well as hands on treatment. They provide rehabilitation to patients who have had time off work and require work hardening to return to productive duties. Acupuncture is offered as part of their treatment and it has been found very beneficial when combined with other treatment modalities.
Low-cost immigration and general x-rays, no appointment needed!
No charge acc x-rays
We provide free ACC X-rays.
These require a doctors request form.
See us for all your general x-rays, including those for insurance and employment purposes.