Kia ora and welcome to The Doctors Hastings - we're open for you
We’re providing our service in a new way to ensure you and your whānau remain safe. If you are concerned about coronavirus, have a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever or runny nose – let us know.
Important changes about Urgent Care at our practice
From Monday 13th July, we will no longer be an Urgent Care after-hours practice.
- New opening hours – we’re now open weekdays, Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm. Closed on weekends and public holidays
- We are focusing on giving you and our other enrolled patients the best general practice medical services, as we always have done. Please continue booking appointments as you normally would – through our online patient portal or by phoning us 06 876 8445
- Our walk-in service – the walk-in care service during our new opening hours means if you have any sudden illness or injuries, that aren’t life threatening but can’t wait until the next day, you can pop in and see us. You don’t need an appointment, and anyone can use this service – enrolled, casual or international visitors. There may be a short wait time depending on the number of people visiting at the same time and more seriously ill patients will receive priority treatment.
- After-hours Urgent Care from Monday 13th July
- If you have a medical emergency please dial 111
- If you require urgent after-hours medical care please call the practice on 06 878 9978 and your call will be answered by a highly trained triage nurse who can provide medical advice and in need refer you to an appropriate Urgent Care after-hours service.
- Monday to Friday 6pm – 8pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am – 8pm
- When you need urgent after-hours medical care go to: Hastings Health Centre – 303 Saint Aubyn St West, Hastings, 06 873 8999, ; or
- Monday to Friday 8pm – 8am, Saturday and Sunday 8pm – 8am
- Beyond 8pm when you need urgent after-hours medical care go to the Emergency Department at Hawkes Bay Hospital – 398 Omahu Rd, Camberley, Hastings, 06 878 8109.
At The Doctors Hastings we provide high quality general practice medical services and care with a team of health practitioners including: Doctors, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurses, Health Care Assistant, and Clinical Pharmacist. We provide a professional service for you and your family and we can offer a number of services to our enrolled patients making sure all our patients’ health needs are met. We're proud to be Cornerstone Accredited to give you the best medical care.
Our general practice services are FREE all enrolled patients under 18 years. A variety of general practice medical services are available to our enrolled patients. You can phone us to make an appointment with your health practitioner or if you are signed up to our patient portal called Manage My Health you can make an appointment online – ask to be signed up to Manage My Health.
Book an appointment online
Make sure you're registered for our secure online patient portal Manage My Health (MMH). Then, anytime 24/7 you can:
- Request repeat scripts
- Book appointments with Doctors
- Access your test results
Contact Reception to start your registration. Once our reception has given you an activation code, here is How to Register and How to Use The Portal.